Skip to main content

TARAJI P. HENSON Rocks Grammy's Runway-How To...

GET THE LOOK--MakeUp Artist Ashynta Sheriff breaks the glamour down....



SKIN
  • I always DERMAFLASH before major award shows to remove build up and dead skin cells to reveal, radiant glowing skin. Since we just “flashed” before the NAACP Awards, skin was smooth and ready to receive a dose of nourishing skin care.
  • I used Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift anti-aging spray, which gives an immediate plumping affect, followed by Glossier Super Bounce serum. 
  • Dior Airflash CC Primer with radiance boost was added so makeup lasts for hours. 
FOUNDATION
  • Perfect Blend by Ashunta Sheriff in Tan is my favorite foundation to use because its built in polymers smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and the buildable coverage gives a natural, glowing finish.
  • I set makeup with MAC Blotting Powder in dark to keep it in place. 
  • I use Model In A Bottle sensitive skin formula to lock her look in for up to 16 hours. It also helps keep shine and sweat at bay under the bright lights. 

BROWS
  • Brows are done using Damone Roberts Minx Brow Gel Pencil and Brow Gel in Clear to hold hairs in place. 
  • I highlight the brow area with Damone Roberts Peach Brow Highlight Pencil to give a slight lifted look. 
CHEEKS
  • I used Glossier Haloscope in Topaz on cheekbones for her highlight. Fun Fact: I also used this product on eyelids, the bridge of the nose and legs for an all-over glow from within. 
  • For a pop of color, I used Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink on the apples only. 


EYES 
  • After using Glossier Haloscope on the lids, I lined eyes on the waterline with MAC Onyx Gel Creme Liner and added House of Lashes Dollface False Eyelashes cut up in pieces to space out lashes for a pixie affect.
  • I finished eyes with L'Oréal Butterfly Voluminous Mascara in Black on the top lashes to blend them together. 

LIPS
  • I lined lips with MAC Lip Pencil in Plum and filled them in with MAC Retro Matte Lip Creme in Divine Divine and Flesh Stone mixed together to create a soft lilac shade.
 FYI-: Wearing Marc Jacobs-Fab+Fierce